Monday, April 20, 2009

Is it Wrong...


To make pesto from spinach? I have to say, I did a good job tricking my 12 year old into eating vegetables. He thought it was regular old pesto and chowed it down. I revealed my deceitful ways to him. He called me a trickster. He was smiling so I don't think he was really that put out. I won't really know until I try to get him to eat leftovers.

Recipes for spinach pesto abound on the interweb (do you like my new name for all things world wide? I think it makes me sound like I'm 85). I used spinach, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, parmesan and basil. I served it with rigatoni and some chicken sausage that also had spinach in it. We also had a spinach salad. No such thing as too much green on your plate.

We made ER visit number 3 for our 7 year old this weekend. On Saturday, he freaked out when a bug landed on him as he was riding his scooter at breakneck speed. He lost control and landed hard, with most of the impact being taken by his forehead. After he started complaining of dizziness, we were off to the ER. (Obviously, he's fine, or I wouldn't he writing this.) He wasn't thrilled about the CAT scan but did decide it wasn't so horrible since he could keep his ratty old blanket pulled up to his chin. When it was over, we went to Burger King and he got a shake. Keeping him quiet yesterday was challenging. He must have asked 10 times if he could ride his bike. I guess that's a good sign. He was off to school today. The rain will keep the kids in for recess so I don't have to worry about any more falls.

That's all for today. I'm off to do cleaning, etc.

Enjoy your day!

No comments: