Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer has Begun


School is finally out! I'm sure that my kids can hardly believe this day has come. It's a happy day for the kids, but a very sad day as well. As of today, ten teachers are leaving the school, many after years and years of dedicated service. I've never seen so many tears on the last day of school. There are two sides to every story, and I've only heard the side of the teachers. I can't imagine how the principal can spin these departures, but she is the queen of spin so I'm sure she's already thought of something. But many parents have thought of something, too. I never realized how much work it would be to send kids to school. Homework, PTA events and meetings, concerts, parties, classroom volunteering... I had no idea that one day I would have to take on a school principal.

Now onto entertaining two boys for the summer and one 5 lb puppy. Currently the puppy is trying to make mincemeat of my flipflop while my son chases him around the house. He has ripped a hole in the back of one of his little toys and put teeth marks on the legs of my buffet. The strength of this little guy is astounding. He just picked up my running shoe!
We have no solid plans for the summer aside from vacation bible school, one art class and lots of time at the pool. I guess we'll enjoy each other. This is my first summer home with my boys and I'm not really sure how it's going to work. Will I really get them to practice instruments and do math workbooks? Will they read? Will they write? Am I fantasizing? I guess we'll see.
The dog is pictured in this post. The flowers in my other posts are from my garden. I got a very nice camera for Mother's Day so I can finally take some decent pictures of my gardens. The gardens are not really that impressive but they sure do look good when you take a picture of a very small part of them.

No comments: