Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yummy

Recently, my son's teacher slipped on the fallen crab apple petals that covered the sidewalk in front of her home. She was holding a crystal platter and in the fall, the platter broke and caused some pretty severe cuts to her hand and arm. She was in the ER for 10 hours. If anyone needed some comfort food, it was this dear woman.

The only recipes for Mac and Cheese I have are for large quantities. I searched for mac and cheese for one and came up with a delicious selection from www.recipezaar.com. It calls for the standard steps, saute onion in butter, add flour, milk, cheese etc. It also recommended adding cubed sharp cheddar and baking for 20 minutes. I didn't have a block of cheddar, but I did have some fontina. ??? I baked it in one of my cute little Pampered Chef oval ceramic dishes, and presented it to her after school as she sat exhausted, next to her friend's desk, holding her aching hand. She told me she had just been thinking how nice some comfort food would be. It feels very good to aid a friend in distress.

Green Update
It's been about a week since the grass seed went down. There's been plenty of rain, but no sprouts yet. I remain hopeful about the grass and the tomatoes, which went back outside over the weekend. Stay tuned for more news from the garden!

Enjoy your day.

No comments: