Friday, June 29, 2007

Bad Ads


There's some new cellulite cream made by Nivea that is supposed to reduce cellulite and leave your flabby, cottage cheese thighs smoother in one month. I simply don't believe it. And what leads further to my skepticism is the use of 15 year old models in the commercials who not only don't have cellulite, they barely have thighs!


I'm not a flabby person. I'm not a perfect size 2 either, but I'm often comfortable with my appearance. I try to work out 3 times a week. Many weeks I only make it to the gym once, but I'm there for at least an hour. I've had my share of dimples, but I've found that exercise, lots of water and a good low fat diet will do more for cellulite than any cream can.


I've also recently felt tortured by the ads for Apple's iPhone. I admit it. I want one. I want one very badly. I'm sad that I don't use AT&T/Cingular so I would have to spend $200 to cancel my existing cell phone contract, then wait in line to spend $500 on one. If I wait long enough will Verizon come out with an equally cool phone? I doubt it. I feel like I chose the old timer's cell phone service and now I'm never, ever going to be cool. Perhaps if I upgrade my iPod Mini and get a Nano or a video iPod, I'll feel better. Mental note, the next computer purchase will be a Mac.


My ten year old has been complaining of a sore throat so I finally took him to the doctor yesterday. This child is never sick so I expected the diagnosis to be something serious, something bacterial requiring strong antibiotics. I was wrong. For the second time in less than a year, I have taken a child to the doctor for a cold. I am such an idiot. One visit was actually to the allergist! That means I had to wait a few days for an appointment. I'm so embarrassed.
My five year old learned how to spell poop on "Sponge Bob" today. It's going to be a lovely day.

No comments: