Thursday, August 2, 2007

Recent Sightings

I've seen some things lately that I've found a bit odd, or shocking and I thought I'd share a few of them with you.

Earlier this week, a man in a blue truck was driving down my street and threw a bag of garbage out his window. I think it takes a special kind of butt head to litter on a residential street. There are garbage cans everywhere. He wasn't just driving around randomly. He had a destination and his destination had a garbage can. I was honestly astounded by this behavior.

Yesterday, as we took a little family walk we passed a bag out for recycling that was filled with empty bottles of bleach. Not just one or two, like twelve or fifteen. I watch entirely too many crime shows on cable; CSI, The New Investigators, Cold Case Files, Most Evil, too name a few. I looked at my husband with wide eyes and he looked back at me and said, "You're nuts." Turns out my neighbor was cleaning the deck. Just between you and me, I'll be paying special attention over the next few days to make sure her husband and son are okay.

A young woman was arrested at a movie theatre in Virginia for video taping a portion of a movie so she could show it to her brother. Granted she was only 19, but surely she has heard of Youtube or the internet where you can actually go to websites that show movie previews. Of course, I'm not sure how a movie theatre gets to file criminal charges against someone for movie pirating. It seems to me the victim would be the production company. This will be interesting to follow in court later this month.

My husband licked his plate last night. Yep. Picked it up and licked it clean. He claims I should be thrilled that he loved my pasta so much that he needed to get every last bit of the sauce. I claim he's a disgusting pig who was setting an incredibly poor example for our children. Then he told me to make more noodles for the sauce so he could take the leftovers to work for lunch.

That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed my observations of society in Columbia, MD. The recycling truck just picked up all the bleach bottles. I'll let you know if the police come interview me. Have a great day!

No comments: